Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Thick Clouds

Have I ever mentioned how fascinated I am by highly eccentric (and a tad violent) weather? Strong winds, thundering clouds, dazzling sun, harrowing night chills! I can fail to understand how you can sit and enjoy a tranquil sunset on a calm beach, I mean it's great, but compare that to walking up on narrow paths made of mud, putting in all your energy to go against fierce gushes of rain trying to knock you out. How can you feel more alive then when you walk through a blizzard with eyes closed and ears feeling like houses; or walking into a raging sea, jumping up every time a big wave comes? Can anything match that feeling you get when your feet lose ground, and your insignificant existence is totally at the mercy of these giant water boulders smacking into you.

Today I walked into my office in one of the best moods in a long time by a long shot. Reason. Well nothing special happened, it was the usual night (some TV, some yabbing, and a few cigarettes), and the morning was the same as well. Except I got out of my bed a bit late and had to rush through everything to get to work on time. But on my 20 minute walk to my office, I got treated with absolutely wonderfully powerful weather! Thick clouds running overhead, constantly being replaced by newer clouds, the sun never allowed the opportunity to show its face, and the most powerful winds I've seen in a while; winds against which you have to really button up your coat all the way. Winds in which to walk you have to bend yourself to the "ruku" position in prayer.

Feeling life first-hand. Every sense of the body enhanced, all information coming in discrete packets (and that too achieved without even the slightest influence of marijuana!). I think I could have walked on forever today, well not forever, but to my demise definitely, and when I'd have left, it would have been with a happy heart. A joyous exit, what can be better then that now!

And the best thing about the walk this morning wasn’t the weather or the marvels of God. (Extremely thankful for both though). The best thing for me was that I was on the verge of jumping with joy. I could have walked up Mount Everest this morning, and would have sung Sinatra songs all the way up. Let it snow people! No matter what age you are, I guess to feel like this is always that special treat kept for the grandest occasion.

I’ve been sitting at my desk for the last 4 hours (well most of those hours, had my medical today, so…) and still I am forcing myself to keep sitting. I don’t think my professional colleagues would appreciate the sight of a balding guy, slightly on the chubby side, bouncing around the office.

O and Junaid also sent me the “MA does the Twist” video from his wedding dholkee last month. And well all I can say is that nothing compares. Man MA I am sure you give Travolta a run for his money (or definitely his sanity)! I wish I could have the video played on all stations on this little planet of our for a whole day. It’s just too damn funny.
And the sight of all the boys doing the all Punjabi Bhangra, fused with the night club additions of what I think they felt is a turn-on for the ladies. Yes Zeeshan I speak of your 2-Pac meets Shirley McLean moves! A big no! Well missed out on some amazing times. O and please someone, help Naufal find his groove!

In other news, well I’ve lost touch with the proper world for some time now. I mean I do speak to parents nearly everyday. Alina has performed a disappearing act however, but I guess that’s due to her exams (good luck for those). And the rest of the boys are just AWOL!

Done for now!

No comments: