Saturday, July 30, 2005

Comfort zone

So today should be interesting. Meet one friend before he leaves for Italy. Meet another friend who's visiting and before he heads back to East Taimoor. Meet the relatives who are coming over to visit. Sit with another friend and finalize the vision and mission statement for the company he is about to launch. And do all this while all you really want to do is lie down and think about the passing of what has been one of the most hectic and killer weeks in the recent history of weeks. And of course half the day is already gone, and the second half is flying by at blinding speed.

Right now I would just want to find my comfort zone, which I feel I've misplaced, get into it and hide from the rest of the world, and come out only when using the john is absolutely essential. The problem is that somehow I've misplaced my comfort zone and there's a constant feeling that I'm standing on the pitch holding a broken bat with no helmet or pads, and facing successive deliveries from Shoib Akhter, Brett Lee, and Shane Bond. Just place yourself there and you'd find me standing besides you.

So even though the idea of a comfort zone seems exciting, just imagining how it looks like seems far fethced at the moment, let alone reach it and reside in it. Wasn't there this theory of guardian angels, well if there are any such angels, then I really need my angel this very moment! Otherwise the consequences would be quite nasty and un redeemable.

By the way, why is redemtion such an important issue. And what's all the focus on issues all the time, what not focus on the non-issues for a change. Why even want to focus at all. And then why are these wants plaguing us? And then why are we scared of things that are capable of plaguing us? Don't even get me started on the fears that scare us. And then why do we always need to get started. But then why is there a constant bearing of needs in our lives? And what's with these lives we live so enthusiastically...

Get a drift of my mental state?

Well good luck!

No comments: