Thursday, November 10, 2005

Of Lamps, Lamp shades, and Spiderman

Each passing day reaffirms my faith in God's great sense of humor! I would never have considered myself to be the sort of a person who specially goes to the market to buy a lamp, let alone, go into the market and get one made specifically to order! So I guess you can understand my sentiment behind writing this blog dedicated solely to my day yesterday. Cause not only did I get a lamp made to order and played the role of a chief architect in its design, I also got a special Spiderman cake, again made to order.

And all this becomes even stranger when yesterday was a holiday (Iqbal day), and I prefer spending my holidays tucked up in a comfortable couch watching a favorite movie, if not holidaying in some remote area in the northern mountains.

So for all those (lost) souls interested in reading this blog, let me try and clarify my erratic behavior for yesterday. Well the seed for ending up in a shop analyzing the chief principles in play behind lamp design were sowed 8 months ago. 8 months ago, I was officially married, and that too, to a fine arts major. So now I hope it all makes sense, and all thee who read, can also realize my future of finding myself in so many more situations where I would never expect to find myself in! The good thing, however is that these sort of (un)timely adventures can act as an aphrodisiac for life as it happens. On the flip side I can end up to be the man who went up a hill and came down a mountain, whatever that means!

Now over to the Spiderman story. Well that came about thanks to my 5 year old nephew, who wanted a special Spiderman cake on his birthday, so off I went on the Spiderman hunt, and ended up sitting in a bakery going through various kiddy coloring books looking for that perfect Spiderman pose. Well the cake was a big success, but the ride home wasn't as successful. See by the time Spiderman got home, one of his legs were broken, and being Spidey, he had shifted to the very edge of the cake boundary, giving him a squeezed sort of an appearance! And finally the kids weren't as enthusiastic about cutting Spidey up as a birthday gesture.

So yesterday with these two erratic events, and about a 150 km drive around the city split up during the course of the day, ended in the wee hours of the night. And it was after a long time that I went to sleep as soon as I hit the bed.

Next time then...

No comments: