Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The man and his dog, and rose sunglasses...

[A distant shot of a man wearing a fedora, walking his dog on a pier, in black and white, the sea merging with the coast somewhere in the background]

Woman: Beautiful, that man and his dog.
Man: Hmm..
Woman: They walk alike
Man: Yes, they do. Do you know Giacometti, the sculptor?
Woman: Oh, yes. He was hansome.
Man: Well, Giacometti once said: "If caught in a fire and I had to choose between a Rembrandt and a cat...I'd choose the cat.
Woman: "..and then I'd let it go."
Man: Did he say that too?
Woman: That's what's so wonderful.
Man: Yes, it is. Between art and life, he said he'd choose life.
Woman: Beautiful.
Man: Yes.
Woman: Why did you ask me that?
Man: About Giacometti?
Woman: Yes.
Man: Because of the man and his dog.

It's amazing how most men remember things that sound good, but it is the women who remember what makes them so beautiful. And yet, somehow, both of them get the point!

A perfect end to a perfect day...I am a big sap for lush romances...so "Un homme et une femme" was a perfect ending to my day yet again. Now I will go to sleep, and all I have to do after I wake up is to buy rose colored glasses! :) They remind me of John Lennon (Beatles, not the commie) somehow, and I don't know why!

No comments: