Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The crispy winters

What happens when you go out of the house at 2 o Clock at night in just your boxer shorts, in the dead of the December cold? Quite simple really, you get a cold, and then come all the relatives...

But I'm back up now, and well I'm just loving the crispy cool of this season. The cool breeze, the ferocious winds, the skeletons of trees, left bare by continuous sessions of freezing temperatures...warm mugs of tea and coffee, and the occasional walks in the leave ridden roads...

Tell me how can you live in this weather and not fall in love with it. Well all over again I'm in love with the Islamabad winter. I guess the feeling is so much stronger because my last winter was spent in a desert, and there sweating mildly instead of insanely usually identified the cold season. Ahh...it is good to be back.

Come to think of it, there's hardly anything about the winters I don't like. Let's be bolder and say that there's actually nothing about the winters I don't adore. Tell me honestly, can little kids cuter then they do wearing tonnes of knitted clothes, and hats, and ear muffs, and mittens, and on! Can life ever get fresher then it is early in the winter morning, washed up by the nightly dew. I guess if they bottled dew to sell, I'd be the number one customer.

So here's to a wonderful season that's Allah's blessing for us all. Let's eat it all up and remain thankful anyway...

Next time then.

No comments: