Thursday, December 08, 2005

The Happy Absence

Usually an inability to post isn't a very god thing, but when a sabbatical arrives that is induced by continuous productive work...now that's a different story altogether. See because now that I'm sitting on my blogger window and speaking nothings, it isn't with guilt for being away (as usually is the case), but with bright contemplation.

Quite a bit's happened since the last time I was here, most importantly I was finally able to lift myself out of the quick-sand that was the last post. And as usual it was utterly consuming work that came to my rescue. But rescued I am!

So Pakistan finally won a test series, and what a win it was. Sweet! Utterly sweet. And the best thing was that the win wasn't induced by individuals sparkling brighter then diamonds, but by everyone chipping in with whatever they had. And when I think of the Pakistan's Cricketing future, only good things come to mind, except for when I begin to think of when Inzi retires! At that point my logic retires as well.

Yes I am one of those people who need to see the bad with all the good in the world. If everything is perfectly fine, and life is filled with happy moments exclusively, I do begin to panic. Because if there's nothing to worry about then I can't really enjoy the things that exist to nullify my worries. Yes you can reach for the gun under the pillow and shoot at will...

This for me is birth season, everyone seems to be waiting for a birth of some sort. Aijaz and Babar wait excitedly for their young 'uns to pop into this world and deprive them of sleep for the next umm...20-30 years. Zeeshan waits for the birth of the company he's so diligently working to launch. Naufal waits for the birth of his MS period, and extremely excited about really leaving home base for the first time. And of course Alina, being the arts major that she is, keeps giving birth to these pieces of art, which are excecptional more often then they are ghastly!

So the season of birth trods along. And a merry season it is. Row...row...row your boat...gently down the stream...

My inner nomad also begins to call out to me, and the urge to travel is building within me with every passing day. I keep lowering the barometer by making small trips. The weekend before, it was the chilled, fall ridden valley of Abbotabad. And the trip on a helicopter around all the northern areas, distributing relief goods was perhaps the best change in the history and life and self induced changes. Besides a city turned crimson by autumn is perhaps the most satisfying sight for the soul.

This weekend I'm planning a trip to the historic city of Lahore. But I'm sure if it comes through, it won't be as out of the world as the last outing into the oblivion. But hey, it's better then being stuck in the 40km circle of professional life (home - office - home - some relations - some friends - home - and then office). I would have empathised with Lion King more if this were the circle of life they sung about! But of course that wouldn't make kids giddy with joy, perhaps it would have made them bleak with worry about the process of growing up...

Isn't it amazing how we can get used to our current state of physical being. And at this very moment I'm strictly speaking of our physical self. Kids are happy with how they are, and training themselves to perfection in the art of using umbrellas to unlock doors, the youth is never quite satisfied by pushing themselves just a little bit more everytime, and always getting to the other side of the Meridian. The ones stuck in the middle years, keep oscillating happily between the youth's pattern of irrational existence, and the elderly restful lives. And the elderly keep putting on anti-aging creams, and keep smiling broadly, their faces disappearing in a bush of wrinkles. And the dead, well don't really know what they're upto, but if this life is anything to go by, then they too would be quite content with their states of being. Of course the occasional quirk is justified every now and then!

So long then...have fun!

No comments: