Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I hate being irregular!

This might come as a surprise because I have been very irregular in my favourtie pass time for the last 2-3 months! Somehow blogging hasn't come easy, and the excuse is the same, not able to blog when I want to, and then when I can, I don't want to...

But here I am now, and let's live in the here and now. The way things are going in the world, I believe in this age old wisdom more and more. Just day before 86 people, mostly children, were blown up to find one terrorist. Somehow life is a price we are always willing to pay. I wonder what we can do to increase the worth of life, for there was a time when I thought that the notion of having an ice cream in the freezing December nights of Isloo was enough to realize the it's worth. Foolish me!

So Eid came and went, and this time I couldn't indulge myself in my ritual Eid post. But it was fun, filled with family (and I mean lots of family, say 38 ppl in my little home) and a whole lot more of utter chaos. Just the way I like my Eids! Having the misfortune to spend an Eid here and there on my own in some lone corner of the world, I have really begun to appreciate all that my family offers me. Usually I am baffled by the feminine need to spend endlessly on clothes and shoes, but the dress Alina got made for Eid made me think otherwise...it was worth it! BTW am still baffled about the shoes!

And just last night I got back from a whirlwind tour of Lahore (usual excuse...cousin's wedding). In 24 hours, I managed to attend a wedding, hang out with all the cousins I was missing, treat the missus to what the Lahori's call "bun paluster" (it's an egg and chicken burger made in butter, lots and lots of butter, and you have to try it, for I cannot explain it), worked over my cell phone, tried the famous Jhelum fish (caught an hour before consumption, trust me that's the only way to eat fish), enjoy countless Kishore songs that I grew up loving, pick small cute fights with Alina, and for a change manage regular prayers in between! Even though my head is still spinning from the whirl wind tour, it seems worth all the whiles. I'll admit that it's been sometime since I have been totally at peace with myself and my surroundings, and during the last 24 hours, I was just that. It seems I need to be on the road and travel around a 1000 kms withing 24 hours to do that.

Oh yes, and my travel bug is alive again, now it's off to Saudi Arabia. Good thing is that Alina will by my side this time around, and I have heard wonderful things about the fried chicken they have there! The only problem I foresee is that the application I will be working on and all the data is going to be in Arabic, and I can't speak a word of it, but that should be fun, at least it should make up some interesting posts.

Naufal sent me his sky diving pics, and all I can say is wow! Even since I have received the pics, I have been trying to figure how he felt before, during and after the jump! I guess freedom unlimited. Even though you're still in a trance of gravity, you are free to look upon the world like the heavens.

All my friends seem to have settled into nice rhythms. Babar is settled back in Isloo and on a land buying spree, Aijaz is running around as always, all the time catching up with life (we had another discussion in the long list of discussion to make some sort of a movie), Zeeshan is on the edge with the new business absorbing all the stress like a black hole, Ali's good and "nikahofied", MA is his usual self, and it's been raining Naufal in Syracuse!

And there's something big brewing in the background, which I'll bring into the blog world when it's confirmed.

So here's to hoping that I can bring some consistency into my wonderful world as well, and start blogging regularly...

Have fun...and live in the here and now

No comments: