Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Finally moved...

Well I am definately not talking about being moved emotionally or anything, but finally I made the move to the newer (and economically more viable) apartment. The moving process was pretty much the same, and my body isn't extra-ordinarilly stiff from hauling all the luggage yesterday. Isn't it amazing how you just keep on accumulating stuff, and you only appreciate the amount of junk you've collected when you have to move it! I guess one of the real ironies of life (compared to kids starving and being bombed all over the world. Yeah right! Sure...)

So last night was that perfect first night in a new place, where you lie down early to start the new day from the new place all fresh and rosy, and can't shut your eyes the whole freakin night. And since I am sharing a room with someone for the first time (well the childhood memories in poverty of living in one big room with complete family doesn't count). Well ok, I'm sharing my room for the first time in my grown up life, and I've always been a bit peculiar about the state (or rather statelessness) of my room. So I guess that was another reason for not sleeping at all last night, and right now, at the end of the working day, feeling like a complete Zombie.

But you know the most amazing quality of the human-being (note to my college English teacher (Mrs. Butt), I used the whole word, and didn't go all American on it), it's our ability to adopt! I mean really pick up a guy (or gal) from the deepest jungle of Africa, and put them on the north-pole. The person would learn to first stay alive, then move from day to day, and eventually feeling alive on the pole (north I mean)! So like all mortals, I would also (iA) learn to do that.

Till next time...

No comments: