Monday, December 27, 2004

Rain in the Desert

There have been many theories about when the desert looks its prettiest. Sunrise, sunset, during a sand storm, etc etc. Now all of these moments have their own beauty to them, as a matter of fact every aspect of nature has a beauty to it that is unique to it. But for me the desert is at its most mesmerizing when it rains. Rain to a desert is like a drink to a man stranded in sea, or like sunshine for a person lost in the depths of tha rian forests (or just stuck in England).

It has been raining for the past two days now in my part of the desert (which has more or less transformed into a metropolitan city). It's gotten a bit chilly, and thick gray clouds have covered the skies, and refuse to move on. Rain's come down in its various forms, heavy, thick, drizzle, mist, and every form has been breathtaking!

So Christmas came and went and like all non-christians I was dissapointed when I found out that there's no holiday for non-christians. But the day came and went without much noticable change (I mean last year I was in NY city and there the air breathed christmas), except for a few Santa caps here and there.

But I am looking forward to new years and the Eid-ul-Adha, the first to have fun, and the second to think of my family and miss them!

In other news of my world, my parents, Alina, and all the other family have headed out to Lahore to attend my (distant) counsin's wedding, and since they all went in one bus (specially hired) I am sure I missed out on some brilliant family fun. I hope they're enjoying the wedding as much as I am enjoying the rains.

Have been speaking to Aijaz quite often, and he's doing good, and I hear that the wedding anniversary went quite well. Babar finally moved to Saudia for the new job, but still hasn't been hit by the first pang of the king-size depression!

Oh and Pakistan is doing farely well in the secong test against Australia, but I am still quite doubtful how they'll hold up against them for the next 3 full days. Hopefully better then they did at Perth. I think I could've done better there, but it just wasn't the "boys" day, plus Inzamam's bad back. Do the math!

Next time then...

No comments: